Low oil pressure in Fiat tipo sedicivalvole

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
awollmann

Low oil pressure in Fiat tipo sedicivalvole

Post by awollmann »

I have a problem and I need a help to resolve this, I have a Fiat tipo 2.0 16v made in Italy, in 1995, but I'm in Brazil. I made the installation of the turbo and my engine block broke, due to wear in the bushings of the connecting rod, bolt and break the block by a rod. With that I had to replace the block, indeed could not figure out the real reason for the lack of lubrication. After installing the new block I'm having problems with the optimal pressure of work of engine oil. I would like help in the forum to try to solve my problem because more than 4000 rpm the oil pressure is this 4bar at 100°C. The engine is mounted with measures iasapistons std forged pistons with japanese rings piston, oil pump by schadek Brazilian brand, this only exists in Brazil
. The connecting rods are original Fiat. I replaced the pump for another to see if it could be a bomb, but the pressure did not change. Measurements ok crankshaft were checked and they are ok, the bearings of the connecting rods are Mayle and are bearing the brand "ks", head valves were replaced, guides and retainers. I wonder what you recommend to solve the problem? Have any idea or suggestion?
Attachments
Head
Head
DSC01213.JPG (472.67 KiB) Viewed 4363 times
piston broke
piston broke
DSC01225.JPG (307.88 KiB) Viewed 4363 times
block broke
block broke
DSC01228.JPG (513.83 KiB) Viewed 4363 times
pump oil
pump oil
DSC01384.JPG (405.85 KiB) Viewed 4363 times
Last edited by awollmann on December 10th, 2010, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Low oil pressure in Fiat tipo sedicivalvole

Post by Guy Croft »

uh - oh!

Links are only to be used by my personal permission.

This is in the site Protocols which you said you read and would agree to.

You can name the suppliers but please remove the links. Please also add good quality photos. Remember you and I are not the only readers. Especially in the case of engine failure no pictures makes a dull thread and doesn't help anyone to determine cause of failure.

GC
awollmann

Re: Low oil pressure in Fiat tipo sedicivalvole

Post by awollmann »

I opened up the sump pump to install the original Fiat pump oil and old and removed the crankshaft bearings and see the images. I am installing the old pump in the hope of solving the problem of low oil pressure. The car has not ran and the bearings are marked.
Attachments
new bearing
new bearing
DSC01599.JPG (469.51 KiB) Viewed 4335 times
new bearing
new bearing
DSC01600.JPG (485.09 KiB) Viewed 4335 times