Lada Niva - 2.0 TC Conversion

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
kremlingazette

Lada Niva - 2.0 TC Conversion

Post by kremlingazette »

Hello Guy,

My garage project moves along slowly, the engine is rebuilt using the parts from yourself, and remains headless/sumpless for the time being while I organise engine mount fabrication, a modified sump, and replacement exhaust components.

I have acquired a very gifted future son in law , who is happy to fabricate me a stainless exhaust system. The stock manifold will be retained, the engine is also stock using the Weber twin choke and air cleaner.

The car is a road registered, stripped out , two seat Lada Niva. Primarily used as an off road RTV trialler, to embarass other 4x4 owners, toy and hauler of garden waste to the tip. So noise is something I am fairly used to, having no carpets/sound deadening etc.

What diamter of exhaust pipe would you recomend for road use ? I would like a "fruitier" sound from it, without a deafening thrum ....

Kind Regards

Ivan

Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Lada Niva - 2.0 TC Conversion

Post by Guy Croft »

YOU NOT BOUGHT MY NEW TUNING BOOK THEN IVAN??!!

GC
kremlingazette

Post by kremlingazette »

Upper case generally means your shouting Guy ....is that a hint ?

I have a basic Haynes manual, and borrowed your old book (now returned) while busy with the engine, I will add it to my Christmas list.
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

haha!!

Hint? Yes buy now and save a declining industry!

Tailpipe (from end of standard twin downpipes) of ID 1.75" should do. It will be the silencer however that will determine the sound. Why not get yourself one of these?

Actually I think there could be a few 'long faces' near Xmas at the rate the books are moving.

G
Attachments
AX891 silencer.jpg
AX891 silencer.jpg (110.51 KiB) Viewed 5181 times
kremlingazette

Post by kremlingazette »

Pipe size noted Guy thank you...

Pleased to hear your books are also "hot cakes" , with my current spending on cars (see my other project) the book will have to wait till Christmas.

I am also at the start of another build project, a Fiat 126 spaceframe chassis BEC , powered by a Rotrex Honda Blackbird engine.

http://ivanskis-garage-blog.blogspot.com/

Some ideas and email conversation with Kowal from this website, took me to a Polish website, and the rest is history.

Thanks for the advice Guy, its appreciated...