Unable to identify the origin of this engine; Help needed!

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
Ev0luti0n_

Unable to identify the origin of this engine; Help needed!

Post by Ev0luti0n_ »

hello!

I bought my UT with this engine already. The previous owner stated it was from a Lancia dedra 1.6, wich i doubt it. So after looking around on the web/eper, etc, i was unable to find the car model from which my engine came from. Any help would be appreciated!
From what i've searched online, the block seems just like the X1/9, and the head looks to be from the tipo 1.6 SOHC. The inlet valves measure 39mm (afaik), and concerning the looks of it, it is very similar to the 1.4 UT on the outside. Same size and everything... Oh, a bloke also told me it could probably come from a regata 100s, but...

the head that mates with this block:
1.6 on the left, 1.4 UT on the right

PS: you can also read on the side of the block the following numbers:
335.A1.000

thanks
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Unable to identify the origin of this engine; Help neede

Post by Guy Croft »

I regret that even my Fiat dealer cannot trace that block code or engine number.

G
Ev0luti0n_

Post by Ev0luti0n_ »

wow!

http://archive.mirafiori.com/show.php?fid=6&msg=16759

"And the last one is our 1 600 cc, used in Tipo, and that's pretty much it. It was originally SOHC, and later on there was a 16v
head developed for it, so it became a DOHC 16v in a few of installations. That 16v head will definitely fit on and M202.13
and M202.11 (useless, since they are almost non - existant, but it would be nice to see it with 16v head!).
Designation is M202.15"

One can find this on that page. What do you think, Mr. Guy Croft? Reliable source?
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

I have been unable to find a direct ref to your codes in that that Mira thread.

G
Ev0luti0n_

Post by Ev0luti0n_ »

Try searching for "m202.15", without quotes. You're able to find that text that i posted here, along with other m202.XX engine versions. Supposedly...
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

John, sure, but I don't see the connection betw the numbers on your engine and in that thread.

If the engine code is right it should show up at Fiat, but maybe it's some foreign import.

The ribbed block (criss-cross) aux d/s pulley tells me it's MkII Uno/Punto maybe Tipo, not X19. Beyond that bore and stroke might help ID.

G
Ev0luti0n_

Post by Ev0luti0n_ »

Apparently, some folks in a Portuguese Fiat forum helped me to identify the engine. One of them searched on AutoData (Don't know which version) and the code corresponds to the Lancia dedra 8v spi.
Dedra SPI>

Dedra MPI

Now i my goal will be to find some spare parts! Thanks for the help Guy!