Supercharger Partial Overhaul Question

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
Megaera

Supercharger Partial Overhaul Question

Post by Megaera »

I have a Volumex unit - currently on a spare engine - which I would like to partially overhaul. “ Partial” as in replace the rear bearings and seals, clean the casing and rotors - as per GC instructions on this site, but leaving the rotors in place.

I have a high torque nut gun for removing the pulley nut - but my question is, without the correct Fiat tool, can anyone advise me on how to lock the pulley/rotors satisfactorily, in order to re-torque the pulley nut?

I have considered various options (tight fitting wood block in between the rotors and/or “universal” cam wheel locker by Sealey, or utilising an old cambelt wrapped around the pulley and clamped in a vice).

I would not be confident enough using any of these methods without prior confirmation that these are viable options......

I would be grateful if anyone who has done this job without the Fiat tool, could advise me on the method they used

Thanks
GC_122
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Supercharger Partial Overhaul Question

Post by Guy Croft »

ideally it needs a Fiat camwheel-locking tool so you can lock the front pulley in a vice.

I forget the torque setting but have it at my works.

I don't know if Fiat still sell them, I have a part number if you call me one day after 12...

01522 705222

G
Guy Croft, owner
Megaera

Post by Megaera »

Thank you for your reply.

I shall definitely call you, as I also need to order the parts!
GC_122
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

that tool is not aval from Fiat!

"back-order, no date" my Fiat dealer tells me.

G
Guy Croft, owner