Page 1 of 1

Naming of parts - pistons

Posted: June 26th, 2006, 9:35 am
by Guy Croft
Piston and block - what is called what?

other names apart from those shown:

(Valve relief = VR = piston pocket = valve pocket/recess)
(Dome = lump on the piston (!) = intruder dome)

This is a high compression 8v Fiat TC piston with GC 'offset VRs'.