GC porting, development, valve and seat work, combustion chambers, cams, head construction, etc
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Site Admin
- Posts: 5031
- Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:31 am
- Location: Lincoln, UK
atmo injected 16v 2 liter Tipo unit in prep for Church Motor Co in Kent..
- block deburr all over inside and out post rebore and reface..
- OD_block prep (1).JPG (109.83 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
- end of crankcase looking a bit happier after deburr and linish at 120 grade
- OD_block prep (3).JPG (105.92 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
- in the Jizer tank for rodding-out of every oilway, stoning and polishing of housings. head bolt hole thread cleaning...
- OD_block prep (5).JPG (151.29 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
- mixed abrasive/Scotchbrite wheel makes a nice job of polishing webs and crankcase interior after deburr ops..
- OD_block prep (7).JPG (136.14 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
- hot detergent washed after micro-honing at 180 grade for OE rings (chrome faced), solvent cleaned and ready wire-brushed ready for - repaint.
- OD_block prep (8) - rady to paint FINALLY.JPG (137.73 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
- new GC race guides for the ex side only, the inlets (cast-iron) re good enough for reuse...
- OD_ex race guides in & selective honing.JPG (108.79 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
- race guides going in..
- OD_ex race guides in & selective honing (2).JPG (117.12 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
- cheecking the valves in the new guides after overhaul (stem polish, regrind..).. this is where you find out how good your valve guide design is. I want the valves either a bit tight or able to just fall under their own weight. I do NOT want them loose.
- OD_ex race guides in & selective honing (4).JPG (177.07 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
- bulk removal in tight guide with 180 grade Flexhone (7mm) - once the valve pentrates easily the guides get a final oil-retentive brush with 220 grade. Iterim cleaning when checking fits is vital or you're embed carborundun particles in the soft guide and never get rid of it..
- OD_ex race guides in & selective honing (8).JPG (141.39 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
- numbering valves (before it's too late..)
- OD_valves renumbering.JPG (126.5 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
Guy Croft, owner
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest