Poly bushes for Fiat 127 ?

Non-engine, eg: aerodynamics, gearboxes, brakes, suspension
Stuartl

Poly bushes for Fiat 127 ?

Post by Stuartl »

I'm currently restoring a 1980 127 Sport and would like to beef up the suspension while doing the rest of the car. I don't seem to be able to locate a poly bush kit for the 127, (Powerflex don't list them).
Has anyone any ideas, or can help.

Ta in advance, Stu
maranellohouse.com
sumplug

Post by sumplug »

Hi Stuart.
If you send a bush in good condition to Powerflex, or give them precise measurements, they will make them for you to spec. Hope this helps.

Andy.
NickRP

Post by NickRP »

Could 128 bushes be used on 127? Suspension is definetely similar. Superflex has bushes for 128...

Best regards,
Nikola
sumplug

Post by sumplug »

Iam pretty sure Nick that the suspension is the same on 127 and 128. I seem to recall someone swapping 127 struts for 128's. Fiat had a policy to standardise a lot of its parts so many parts fit many models.

Andy.
Stuartl

Post by Stuartl »

Thanks guys for the replies.

As far as I can make out the 128 bushes won't fit the 127 without some sort of modification.
Also I emailed Powerflex who said they wouldn't make up a set of bushes for just one car.
In the meantime I'm hoping to track down a set of new standard bushes for the car. At least "if I can get them" this will tighten the car up a bit.
maranellohouse.com
NickRP

Post by NickRP »

Stuart,

take a look at my post on http://guy-croft.com/viewtopic.php?t=498&start=15 where the 128 PU bush dimensions are given.

This might be helpful in determining whether or not they could be fitted to 127.

Best regards,
Nikola Radenkovic