When a Twin Cam Owner has other interests.....

Non-engine, eg: aerodynamics, gearboxes, brakes, suspension
n2oxide

When a Twin Cam Owner has other interests.....

Post by n2oxide »

Well, I have had to keep this one a little quiet as it was all a hush hush thing. But at the request of GC, I was asked to post up something of my other interests. Now its ready and out in the media, I can post up some pictures for you all to drool over. Be warned those who fear the dark side of motorsport. Herewith lies over 3,500 horsepower. Unfortunatley the 3,500 bhp that come out the flywheel only ends up being 2,500 into the tyres. The clutch likes to eat about 1,000 horsepower. Just the paint alone is about £7,000 and there is not one piece of vinyl or plastic fittings on this baby.
IMG_1059.JPG
IMG_1059.JPG (59.39 KiB) Viewed 31558 times
GC_86
n2oxide

Re: When a Twin Cam Owner has other interests.....

Post by n2oxide »

and for those who like naked photo's.......
IMG_1197.JPG
IMG_1197.JPG (55.89 KiB) Viewed 31557 times
GC_86
n2oxide

Post by n2oxide »

and for those who think detail is everything...........
[attachment=0]IMG_1054.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
IMG_1054.JPG
IMG_1054.JPG (1.93 MiB) Viewed 31557 times
GC_86
nabihelosta

Post by nabihelosta »

OMG! OMG! OMG!
A top fuel!!
V8 rules!!
How come your clutch eat 1000hp? Can't the weights be set differently? Or it's the minimum limit of slipping before you loose grip?

N
HORSEPOWERunlimited
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Ooh what a beauty.

Charger belt looks a bit loose ;)
Chris Burgess
GC 01
tricky

Post by tricky »

Now that is serious !

Where do you race it, in the UK or abroad ? and how do you fair in competition ?
Twice as many valves
n2oxide

Post by n2oxide »

Yes is Top Fuel.......were starting at 70% Nitromethane and 30% Alcohol. Remember Nitromethane makes Oxygen when it combusts !

Losing 1000 horsepower. There is a fine line; as a Crew Chief you make the call depending on the data from previous runs. It's to complex to try to explain on here BUT generally you have a choice of locking up the clutch and bringing the engine rpm down which is NO GOOD or slipping the clutch, keeping the engine at where is is supposed to be, but losing power to the wheels by driving through the clutch which is also NO GOOD. You can execute this in precision. But you need the years of experience to understand how it works. A race clutch on a dragster is the opposite of a clutch in a road car. Even so, even with a perfect clutch setup, on so much power, there is NO WAY you will get all of it down into the tyres and tarmac ! And it's all done with weights using things like washers on the clutch fingers. We came 2nd in a Championship for the sake of 40 gramms in a final.

Yes the charger belt is just sitting in place for the moment. Engine is dry built at this point

We will be racing it all over the world eventually.

Perry
GC_86
nabihelosta

Post by nabihelosta »

Perry sir,

Thank you for the most precious piece of information. I know it would be very interesting to elaborate about Top Fuel dragsters, but I don't think this forum is a suitable place. Dragsters are in a world of their own, totally different from normal road-going cars.
In fact I've been to Bahrain last year to watch a drag racing weekend, invited by a friend living in KSA and involved in this sport. I was set really close to the crew and the car, watching every detail and learning some tricks which I never knew before, seeing men struggling and burning fingertips setting the clutch weights between the races, especially between the semi-final and final race, when time was so squeezed and precious.
You should really consider competing there, it's fierce indeed, with plenty of cars easily hitting the low 7s on a 1/4Mi.

Thank you and plenty of luck with your awesome car. Stay safe!

N
HORSEPOWERunlimited
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

This needs a 'like' button like my Facebook page!

I like, thank you Perry!!

All new to me BTW ain't never done anything like that..

G
Guy Croft, owner
RED64

Post by RED64 »

Now that is beautiful. I may not live in the US, but Brazil still is in America, so the V8 urge is very strong down here as well, despite the unbelievable prices a classic Muscle Car fetches on the market these days. This also brings back memories from the 1/8 mile dragstrip in my hometown... Of course, we didn't have anything like a Top Fuel racing over there, but every weekend the occasional Maverick GT or Charger R/T would come out to play and everybody would have a field day with the loud engines and smoking tires. It was one of my favorite places to go during the summer vacations, even though I never actually raced there.

But 3500 hp... Now that is some serious muscle.
n2oxide

Post by n2oxide »

1st Launch, 1.13 to the 60ft then had to shut down (as we are only licensing)....
Attachments
1.13.jpg
1.13.jpg (62.84 KiB) Viewed 30786 times
GC_86
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

AWESOME PERRY

privileged to have that here..

G
Guy Croft, owner