Delta Integrale Evo1 long term project

Non-engine, eg: aerodynamics, gearboxes, brakes, suspension
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Delta Integrale Evo1 long term project

Post by Guy Croft »

Fantastic post, thank you very much indeed Dave.

G
Guy Croft, owner
DeltaDave

Post by DeltaDave »

2012-07-14-303.jpg
2012-07-14-303.jpg (96.65 KiB) Viewed 33242 times
2012-07-14-302.jpg
2012-07-14-302.jpg (80.19 KiB) Viewed 33242 times
2012-07-14-301.jpg
2012-07-14-301.jpg (98.77 KiB) Viewed 33242 times
Pictures as promised

Dave
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Nice work DH!

I had Andy Wright in today and he was well-impressed with your injector resume. I have told him to run it all by Steve Greenauld to make sure the system is harmonised and in line with what he will work with. Did the injector calcs with him here and looks like we will be on the same delivery if not type.

Thanks again, jolly kind of you to pick up my request - showcases this forum in the best possible light.

G
Guy Croft, owner
DeltaDave

Post by DeltaDave »

Anytime Guy :)

Dave
Guy Croft wrote:Nice work DH!

I had Andy Wright in today and he was well-impressed with your injector resume. I have told him to run it all by Steve Greenauld to make sure the system is harmonised and in line with what he will work with. Did the injector calcs with him here and looks like we will be on the same delivery if not type.

Thanks again, jolly kind of you to pick up my request - showcases this forum in the best possible light.

G
DeltaDave

Post by DeltaDave »

For reference, car has made 406bhp at the wheels with 380ftlb of torque at 26 psi of boost. Does anyone know how to work out the flywheel figure with transmission losses?
timinator

Post by timinator »

I believe it is about 18% for a Mitsubishi evo with a 50-50 transfer case and manual trans. Add a percent or two for with torque sensing transfer case. So 495 hp or there abouts. What is your power to weight ratio(if you don't mind me asking)?

Tim
DeltaDave

Post by DeltaDave »

Mitsubishi Evo has very low losses at 18% the figure for an Integrale is more somewhere between 20% and 25%, I would just like to confirm it. Power to weight I will weigh the car soon and post in this thread.
TomLouwrier

Post by TomLouwrier »

Around the 15% mark sounds right for a regular 2WD transmission, so on a 4WD upwards of 20% would be realistic.
But didn't this come out at the dyno? The usual and proper way is to do a run and then allow the car to coast with the dyno driving the wheels etc. The rate of speed loss is directly related to the power taken up by the transmission. The dyno's software should give that number just as it gives the power when the car is driving the dyno.

regards
Tom
GC_29
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Good work DH, excellent job. Thank you for sharing, put the dyno plot up here would you?

Those figures are about what I would expect

drivetrain loss goes up with speed and mass obviously, there is a good plot of Geoff's RWD mid-engined Monte with losses on my facebook page, tyre loss is probably about the same. I guess a 4WD has near twice the loss, dunno really - don't know anything about 4WD dyno stuff, sorry1

BTW Any member here who is not yet a FB friend send me an invite there, it is 'friends only'

G
Guy Croft, owner
tricky

Post by tricky »

Thats a great power figure to acheive from a 2.0l but how does she run and drive in general ? Is it everything you hoped for ? How is the power curve / power band ?
Twice as many valves
DeltaDave

Post by DeltaDave »

Hi Guy,

I will put the dyno plot up as soon as i can, Dan who calibrated it at Advanced Motorsport is getting married on Saturday so he won't be availiable for a couple of weeks.
Guy Croft wrote:Good work DH, excellent job. Thank you for sharing, put the dyno plot up here would you?

Those figures are about what I would expect

drivetrain loss goes up with speed and mass obviously, there is a good plot of Geoff's RWD mid-engined Monte with losses on my facebook page, tyre loss is probably about the same. I guess a 4WD has near twice the loss, dunno really - don't know anything about 4WD dyno stuff, sorry1

BTW Any member here who is not yet a FB friend send me an invite there, it is 'friends only'

G
Tricky

I will tell you shortly, not yet managed to have a drive.
tricky wrote:Thats a great power figure to acheive from a 2.0l but how does she run and drive in general ? Is it everything you hoped for ? How is the power curve / power band ?
DeltaDave

Post by DeltaDave »

Not sure if this was the last run graph that Dan showed me when I collected my car, but it will give you an idea. Im sure the last graph I saw was 406 bhp @380ftlb. I'll ask Dan about it when he has more time after his honeymoon in about 2 weeks.
LANCIA POWER(1).JPG
LANCIA POWER(1).JPG (78.74 KiB) Viewed 33110 times
DeltaDave

Post by DeltaDave »

evo1.JPG
evo1.JPG (65.25 KiB) Viewed 33056 times
andy wright

Post by andy wright »

I have read this post from start to finish. The workmanship, the imagination and the creativity that have gone into this remarkable car are quite astonishing. A stunning piece of work.
Andy (impressed) wright
GC_20
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

and Andy is going to do us a little feature on intake temps ....!

G
Guy Croft, owner