Cooling the Brakes

Non-engine, eg: aerodynamics, gearboxes, brakes, suspension
cantfindausername

Re: Cooling the Brakes

Post by cantfindausername »

Thanks for the replies guys.

Rich, I will have to get used to the whole car again, so wont be going flat out just yet. I've been reading a lot of posts on the MR2 forums regarding brake upgrades, and the prefered set up is EBC Yellowstuff pads, Stock discs, Goodridge Lines and a flavor of DOT5.1 fluid. My only difference at the moment is the pads so I think it is a good set up to go forward with, Maybe I will shift to the EBC pads for a trial sooner rather than later though if I feel the mintex pads are lacking in braking force.

Thomas, I will have to see if there is space to fit a 60mm air feed on the front of the car. This was my main reason for questioning 2 smaller feeds. As for pictures of the brakes, I don't actually have any, not of the front anyway. I can get some of the rear I think if it would help?

Ant
Last edited by cantfindausername on December 4th, 2008, 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cantfindausername

Hopefully I've managed to obtain a free set of dust shields from behind the discs. My plan is to weld something on here that I can attach the ducting too.

Does anyone have a recommended ducting to use? There seem to be so many different sorts!

Ant
Rich Ellingham

Post by Rich Ellingham »

I used single ply 50mm neoprene tubing from GRPdirect, and two ducts to go with it.

rich
book 38
cantfindausername

Thanks Rich, I will look into that!

Ant