131 ABARTH 16V

Non-engine, eg: aerodynamics, gearboxes, brakes, suspension
DUC999S

131 ABARTH 16V

Post by DUC999S »

Hello I bought me a real 131 Abarth Stradale transformed to Gp4 with Colloti gear-box /Gp 4 Bilstein suspension/ big brakes /Kugelfischer injection from Abarth.

I will drive rally with the car but the engine does not have dry sump but a big-wing sump pan. What’s better dry sump or a modified oil pump?

GEERT
DSC05922.jpg
DSC05922.jpg (39.34 KiB) Viewed 6307 times
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: 131 ABARTH 16V

Post by Guy Croft »

Good for you Geert1

Dry sump is of course better (no aeration and constant feed) but it's complicated to set up and costly. Might be OK with the sump you currently have and use an 1.5qt/2qt oil pressure accumulator like Moroso or Canton.

GC
Attachments
this is how an oil system with accumulator is set out
this is how an oil system with accumulator is set out
Moroso layout.JPG (40.03 KiB) Viewed 6239 times
The accumulator operates via air pressure at the gauge end, has a piston inside and stores oil under pressure, discharging into the main gallery if the engine pressure drops.
The accumulator operates via air pressure at the gauge end, has a piston inside and stores oil under pressure, discharging into the main gallery if the engine pressure drops.
Moroso 1.5qt & clamps.JPG (22.98 KiB) Viewed 6239 times
This is a dry-sumped unit, modifed steel pan can be used of course. Pump is Titan 3 stage, one pressure two scavenge. A large array of ancillaries and hose is needed.
This is a dry-sumped unit, modifed steel pan can be used of course. Pump is Titan 3 stage, one pressure two scavenge. A large array of ancillaries and hose is needed.
OSC 16v built (2).jpg (438.37 KiB) Viewed 6240 times