Interior Flocking

Non-engine, eg: aerodynamics, gearboxes, brakes, suspension
cantfindausername

Interior Flocking

Post by cantfindausername »

Has anyone got a flocked dash in their car?

I really want this done as the dash on the MR2 can be very glaring at times. I also think it looks very smart.

Have people attempted it themselves? Or gone professional? Who do you recommended to do the flocking?

Thanks,
Ant
Walezy

Re: Interior Flocking

Post by Walezy »

I have a dash flocked in my car and it helps a lot but the disadvantage is that it may get a bit dirty if you use the car in dusty area. Then it needs to be carefully cleaned with vacum cleaner. If you need the dash to be flocked then I make it. You may send me an email and I will let you know the details.
Tomasz
Book#378
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Er, what is 'flock' exactly?

GC
cantfindausername

Guy, flocking is the "felt" like material that race and rally cars have over the dashboards and other interior parts.

Tomasz - I doubt very much that I would be in an extremely dusty environment for any period of time. But will definately bare that in mind. I would be interested in hearing about your service, but my concern would be the postage and courier charges to get from the UK to Poland.
smckeown

Post by smckeown »

I've not seen any results but I know a firm who offer this service - drop me a line.

Sean
205 8v Track car
cantfindausername

Sean, have PM'd you for info.

Thanks,
Ant
Balidey

Post by Balidey »

You can get very good results from the DIY kits, I have seen a couple of dashes done with them. The kits were bought from Frosts. As long as you fully clean all residue off the dash (such as cleaning polish etc), have a thin even layer of the adhesive and when using the little 'puffer' don't try and blow too many fibres at one time or in a small area. The professional way of doing it is to electrostatically charge the fibres, but the DIY kits just blows the fibres into the adhesive. But as I said, the two DIY ones I have seen have been very good. Probably more to do with the time and effort spent by the person doing it.

Steve
dflinkmann

Post by dflinkmann »

Tomasz,

I have no current project for this, but I would like to contact you in aprox. a year for this. I assume the shipping from Germany will be quite reasonable.

Thanks,

Daniel
Walezy

Post by Walezy »

Sorry for a bit late reply but I was a bit busy with my Fiat(with good results to my project :) ). As for the shipping, it may actually not be that big problem as I am going to UK in about 7-14 days so I could pick up the dashboad(or dashboards if more people want them to be flocked). Shipping them back to all EU is not a problem as the cost is resonable. I will have a van so i can take even about 10 dashboards with me. If anyone is interested then just PM me and we will discuss all the details.
Book#378
cantfindausername

Could have been a reasonable option. Just a shame I don't have my car yet.