Motorola Ignition 6TS2006D

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
FiatRally

Motorola Ignition 6TS2006D

Post by FiatRally »

Hallo everyone,

Does anybody know if this Ignition system is any good to use on a Fiat TC engine.

I have a complete system and wonder if it is useable at all?

Or will a Digiplex system from an Uno 1400 Pacer SX be a better option?
Attachments
20130228_085001.jpg
20130228_085001.jpg (219.4 KiB) Viewed 6009 times
GC_75
timinator

Re: Motorola Ignition 6TS2006D

Post by timinator »

Hi FiatRally, I believe you have to add your GC book number to your post before you can receive an answer in Q&A. If you don't have his new book you can't ask questions here.
FiatRally

Post by FiatRally »

Well then im stumpped!!

I bought this book years ago already and it never had a number on it!

I post this photo as proof and hope that GC does not have a problem with me posting the photo.

Regards,

Ernst
Attachments
Guys book!
Guys book!
20130304_101624.jpg (81.29 KiB) Viewed 5953 times
GC_75
timinator

Post by timinator »

Hi Ernst, I thought I read that GC wanted to limit his answers to Q&A for people who had bought his new book which were numbered. Maybe I am just mistaken. Since he seems to be answering your questions I would take that as proof I am wrong. You may want to review his protocols for posting.
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

regards to all here, the rule - posting here only for owners of the 2010 book was lifted some time ago.

I am not familiar with this ignition system, sorry.

You can't run a sohc igntion on a TC unit - the advance curve is completely different.

G
Guy Croft, owner
FiatRally

Post by FiatRally »

Thanking you for the information GC! You are a gentleman!! I thought that it was the end for me posting on your forum!!

I will have to contact you regarding a good ignition system and some other parts.

Timinator, I for one would not like to be the bad apple on such an exclusive and highly informative forum/site.

Over the past few years this forum has inspired me to go hunting for a 131 coupe and I was very lucky to find one here in South Africa. (my third) Be it in a bad state of repair and needing a total bolts and nuts strip down and rebuild!

I am just thankfull for highly skilled engineers that are prepaired to help people to achieve their dreams.
GC_75