Fiat/Lancia ECU tester info wanted

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
rossocorsa

Re: Fiat/Lancia ECU tester info wanted

Post by rossocorsa »

I don't remember how to use it but I think it is pretty intuitive most information is given on the screen. If i recall correctly you must have ignition switched on for the ecu to talk to the tester sorry but I honestly can't remember much else. i presume you are getting the no communication message on the screen?

edit! I now seem to remember that the unit tells you when to switch the ignition on or off itself....I'm afraid I think i let all the instructions go when I sold my tester but if I come across anything useful I will post the information
samo

Post by samo »

After re-thinking all the information you gave me here on the forum, I tried to connect to another car to see if it will work and when it didn't I decided it might be a faulty cable! Out came the Ohm-meter and I quickly found that 2 of the 3 cables for the serial connection were broken. I temporary bodged together the broken cables and ran back to the car and this time I managed to connect to it! And I could to all the ECUs I have.

Great job members! I would really like to thank members 1NRO and rossocorsa.

I will publish the details in my thread. Connecting to a ECU with a module with a module which is only similar is in fact possible but must be done manually by choosing this option. The 2 ECUs that work don't report any problems and the OE ECU reports a malfunction. Pictures attached. If anyone has a better understanding of the faults reported let me know...
Attachments
After reporting a malfunction the tester offers a list of probable causes.
After reporting a malfunction the tester offers a list of probable causes.
1.jpg (104.19 KiB) Viewed 3572 times
-problems with registering the cam sensor ???<br />-???
-problems with registering the cam sensor ???
-???
2.jpg (85.27 KiB) Viewed 3572 times
-weak signal from the sensor<br />-PMS and cam sensor exchanged ???
-weak signal from the sensor
-PMS and cam sensor exchanged ???
3.jpg (103.66 KiB) Viewed 3572 times
-switched wires of a sensor<br />-ECU broken
-switched wires of a sensor
-ECU broken
5.jpg (100.85 KiB) Viewed 3572 times
Limited edition #317
samo

Post by samo »

Later found out that PMS is the crank sensor. The CAMMA is presumably the cam phase sensor...
Limited edition #317