Fiat 131 2.0 TC expected bhp ?

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
cypriot

Fiat 131 2.0 TC expected bhp ?

Post by cypriot »

Dear Guy,

I am little bit excited about my Fiat 131 2.0 TC Racing (Gr. 4 tarmac body kit installed) project which was standby for 3 years.

Here is the engine specs :

1- according to the previus owner of engine, it came from Fiat 131 Panorama 2.0 TC
2- Engine Overhauled, Rebored (very carefully and clean built) new oil / water pump, new valves and it has fitted 85mm 1.6 dome pistons (9.8 / 1 or 10/1 CR ???)
2- 4-1 Header exhaust (4 equal length primary goes in one larger pipe)
3- Hörmann intake manifold (Which printed from left to right "Fiat 131" " 79/9" and "Sport 2000" on it)
4- Dual Webber 40 IDF 's
5- Ligthened flywheel according to your specs
6- Standard cylinder head valves and camshafts

what is the best matching dual 40 IDF carburatter setup? Venturii size (36mm?), jets?

and I am really cannot wait to know approximate bhp figures of this setup.

it will pleasure for me to hear your comments, suggestions again.

regards

Cypriot
trncipclawyer.com
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Fiat 131 2.0 TC expected bhp ?

Post by Guy Croft »

HI Ali

nice to see you here again and best wishes with your new firm - and - 131 restoration/Gp4 conversion (much more important..!)

Re:

- Fiat 131 2.0 TC
- Engine Overhauled, Rebored (very carefully and clean built) new oil / water pump, new valves and it has fitted 85mm 1.6 dome pistons (9.8 / 1 or 10/1 CR ?) well-done - it will be probably about 10.2/1
- 4-1 Header exhaust (4 equal length primary goes in one larger pipe)
- Hörmann intake manifold and dual Weber 40 IDF
Lightened flywheel according to your specs - hope you got the crank FW assy balanced.....!
standard cylinder head valves and camshafts

This spec, 40 carbs with 34mm chokes (I would not go bigger although 36mm are aval) will take her to about 124bhp.

GC spec valve/seat work and gasflowing would take her to nearer 140bhp. The exhaust on the engine you have now might contribute to a higher figure than 122bhp but the standard cams are so mild that you won't really see much gain from the header unless you change the cams and if you do let me know your thoughts before you buy - cams completely alter the torque characteristic.

Hope this helps some. I should like to see a full-spec StIII motor in that car, GC of course!

If I understand right you are in Kyrenia - beautiful place, post some photos here would you? I miss Cyprus very much.

G
Attachments
Fred Cavanagh's StIII Gc 2 liter on 44 IDF
Fred Cavanagh's StIII Gc 2 liter on 44 IDF
FC TC_carb fitting (6).JPG (121.14 KiB) Viewed 8011 times
nabihelosta

Post by nabihelosta »

Hello Ali

I have a couple of questions concerning your setup, because I have a nearly similar one.
Slight differences are:
130TC intake camshaft
Ported/Polished head and OE waffle manifold
35mm venturies
OE cast exhaust manifold

Questions are:
How far does this engine rev?
What fuel pump are you using?

Thank you

Your "neighbor" from Lebanon Nabih
HORSEPOWERunlimited
cypriot

Post by cypriot »

nabihelosta wrote:Hello Ali

I have a couple of questions concerning your setup, because I have a nearly similar one.
Slight differences are:
130TC intake camshaft
Ported/Polished head and OE waffle manifold
35mm venturies
OE cast exhaust manifold

Questions are:

How far does this engine rev?
According to the Guy Croft Workshop Manual "Modifying & Tuning Fiat / Lancia Twincam Engines" ; Standard engine / cast pistons Max rpm : 7,200 , but I dont know if this is max safe rpm !!!

What fuel pump are you using?
I haven't bought fuel pump yet but according to the Guy Croft Workshop manual again, I will buy "Facet Silver Top" electric fuel pump

Thank you

Your "neighbor" from Lebanon Nabih
how is life in Lebanon these days my "neighbor" ?

thank you

Ali
trncipclawyer.com
nabihelosta

Post by nabihelosta »

Are politics even allowed on this forum? I think no!

But as a quick answer, life here s*cks, especially these days. Living day to day, never knowing what waits for us. Jobs getting rare, work getting rare, everything getting expensive, no safety, clashes everyday.. but Lebanon is still awesome. I love it :-)

Still have some pretty girls hanging out on the beaches, and an awesome rally and hill climb season.

thank you bro.

Nabih
HORSEPOWERunlimited
cypriot

Post by cypriot »

Guy Croft wrote:HI Ali

nice to see you here again and best wishes with your new firm - and - 131 restoration/Gp4 conversion (much more important..!)

Thank you for your wishes and warm welcome Guy

Re:

- Fiat 131 2.0 TC
- Engine Overhauled, Rebored (very carefully and clean built) new oil / water pump, new valves and it has fitted 85mm 1.6 dome pistons (9.8 / 1 or 10/1 CR ?) well-done - it will be probably about 10.2/1

I dont know head swept size but I also thought that Cr is not less than 9.6/1 in any case, hope CR is not too high because highest gas octane is 98 in Northern Cyprus, by the way you can have 100 and 100+ options in South Cyprus

- 4-1 Header exhaust (4 equal length primary goes in one larger pipe)
- Hörmann intake manifold and dual Weber 40 IDF
Lightened flywheel according to your specs - hope you got the crank FW assy balanced.....!
standard cylinder head valves and camshafts

This spec, 40 carbs with 34mm chokes (I would not go bigger although 36mm are aval) will take her to about 124bhp.

is this bhp figure at flywheel? (Ihope it is) by the way I dont know why I worry about bhp, torque figure is much important

GC spec valve/seat work and gasflowing would take her to nearer 140bhp. The exhaust on the engine you have now might contribute to a higher figure than 122bhp but the standard cams are so mild that you won't really see much gain from the header unless you change the cams and if you do let me know your thoughts before you buy - cams completely alter the torque characteristic.

Hope this helps some. I should like to see a full-spec StIII motor in that car, GC of course!
I wish I could afford GC StIII engine, I think my only option will be GC StIII Cylinder head. (All the power is at the head :)

If I understand right you are in Kyrenia - beautiful place, post some photos here would you? I miss Cyprus very much.

Hey Guy, you should visit Cyprus again. There is no war since 1974 and you can visit all part of island when you pass from checkpoints / borders.

G
trncipclawyer.com