Belt Tension Specification in Newtons

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
rossocorsa

Re: Belt Tension Specification in Newtons

Post by rossocorsa »

next weekend if I find time I'll try to sort a photo
coxeey

Post by coxeey »

Hi there, have you looked at the weight again. It might be possible just knowing the weight accurately that I could use the engine photos to make up the lengths of the rods and make a tool.
A photo and anything else would just be a bonus.
thanks, Steve.
Uros Piperski

Post by Uros Piperski »

Hi guys,
This is a weight I have. Not sure for what application, but I hope they use one weight and alter rod lenght for different engines. The mass is 1.135kg.
Attachments
teg1.JPG
teg1.JPG (84.54 KiB) Viewed 4723 times
teg2.JPG
teg2.JPG (157.18 KiB) Viewed 4723 times
Last edited by Uros Piperski on March 28th, 2013, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graham Stewart

Post by Graham Stewart »

I also own a Ducati 888 SP3 motorcycle which has belt driven (desmodromic) cams, and in the Ducati world sonic tensioning of belts is pretty much de riguer. Providing you can establish the correct frequency (a big 'if', I grant you), then it is a cheap and completely repeatable method. Ducati agents will obviously have the official (expensive) Ducati tool, but everyone else uses either an iPhone or Android app, or a dedicated tuner such as the Korg AW-2G Clip-on Chromatic Guitar Tuner.

If Fiat can't or won't provide such data, wouldn't a belt manufacturer such as Gates be able to do so?
tricky

Post by tricky »

I have the Lancia workshop page for the 16valver integrale timing belt. (I don't think any issue with copyright, its my personal copy)

The site upload will not allow me to post it. Guy would you approve a link to my photobucket album ?
Twice as many valves