16V Integrale head flow test - as per Guy's book

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
Kovacevic

16V Integrale head flow test - as per Guy's book

Post by Kovacevic »

My first post, so I hope I'm in the right area and not doing the wrong thing.

I'm building a 131 Abarth replica to compete in the Australian Rally Championship (Classic Category), and with the scarcity of good original 16v heads, I was granted permission to use a 16V Integrale head. Having purchased Guy's book and trying to absorb the wealth of information contained in it, we set about porting and preparing the head (also a rare item here, so terrified of destroying it) as per Guy's recipe.

We flow tested before and after, with standard valves and seats, and got 165 cfm - all I can say is ' wow', as we hoped for a big improvement, but I was amazed to get the numbers we did. I have no doubt this was due to following Guy's instructions - I usually build all my own engines, with the help of an older engine builder for all of my head work, and to his credit he studied Guy's book and was humble enough to take it all on board and follow the process to the best of his ability. It pays to listen, and thanks again Guy for imparting such great information - your book was the best money I've spent on my rally cars to date.

Alex Kovacevic
WhizzMan

Re: 16V Integrale head flow test - as per Guy's book

Post by WhizzMan »

Good to hear you got such numbers. Do you have any pictures of your build and the car?
Book #348
Kovacevic

Re: 16V Integrale head flow test - as per Guy's book

Post by Kovacevic »

I'll try and get some photos up in the " cars " section over the next week. I currently rally a four door 131 8V, and the new car is still on the rotisserie with not much too see at this stage. The regulations we run under allow me freedoms with the gearbox, final drive assembly and brakes, and as our rallies tend to be quite long and over sometimes rough terrain, I've opted to graft in a Nissan S15 rear end, and mated a Ford type 9 gearbox to the Fiat bellhousing. I know it's not a car for purists, but I need to build something that will be tough and reliable. I've done quite well in the current car which runs in a much stricter class as far as modifications go, so I just hope I have the ability to do the car justice. Thanks for your interest, and as I said I'll post some photos and a story in the readers cars section.

Alex.