Weber Marelli injector problems

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
samo

Weber Marelli injector problems

Post by samo »

I have a question regarding the Marelli 025 (yellow top) injectors originally fitted to my Lancia Delta integrale. I have had 2 sets of injectors and as had mixed them up and wasnt sure what state they are and also noticed one was sticking I had them ultrasonically cleaned. As I didn't know that you have to instal and run the cleaned injectors ASAP I now have 2 sets of stuck injectors. Has anyone had any experience with renewal of this injectors?
Limited edition #317
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Weber Marelli injector problems

Post by Guy Croft »

Not me sorry!

G
fingers99

Post by fingers99 »

Can't see why they'd mysteriously stick.(Makes me wonder what solution they used to clean them.) You might try somewhere that can clean and test them.
GC_06
tricky

Post by tricky »

When I got a set cleaned recently part of the report / instructions that came back with them said, that the cleaning fluid used cannot lubricate the injector like fuel can so they can stick if left off the car for too long. I'm sure it also said to tap the body of the injector with a spanner or something similar while the injector is being triggered to un stick it. I'll have to look out the paper work when I'm in the workshop and come back to confirm that.
Twice as many valves
fingers99

Post by fingers99 »

I've heard that, too. Perhaps best to soak them in something like deisel (wash it off with petrol, just before you try the tapping trick) first.

Of course, it would be sensible to make absolutely sure (if you've not) that they were being pulsed first. Usually they're switched on the negative side.

Good luck with it.
GC_06
samo

Post by samo »

I have tried soaking them in petrol and manually pulsing them to no effect!

Lately I hear a lot of stories about people having problems with injector cleaning services.

I am now waiting for an answer from a local company if they are willing to give them a go. Otherwise I have found a good backup as a company in Germany is selling NEW (old stock) injectors for around 40€/piece.

Otherwise i have another option of using 16V integrale injectors which I have a set of. Does anybody have any experience on this?
Limited edition #317