YouTube - GC1438 channel

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
Guy Croft
Site Admin

YouTube - GC1438 channel

Post by Guy Croft »

Finally finally got my YouTube account to work properly and also finally found a few days to build a test rig.

This is just to do basic running-up prove-out of lubrication and cooling plus important ignition/carb settings. The engine currently on view is for a client in Turkey (site member Evren). I can't do load testing cos I can't afford a dyno (still yet after all these years.. Whoa! he hasn't got a dyno - sniff!!) but it's instrumented and does the job just fine. The cooling system will let the engine tick over quite happily all day if I let it.

Search by GC1438 or go straight to:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GC1438

(For those who are interested the test frame is constructed from alloy tube and angle using my patented XPC fastener. With an electric saw to cut the metal it was built in less than a day. It is extremely robust and the nature of the fasteners gives fantastic alignment and perpendicularity without spending all day measuring everything...)

If anyone wants guidance on how to built and rig one of these simple test setups just holler. Apologies for the massive photos time is against me these days.

GC
Attachments
rig.JPG
rig.JPG (595.54 KiB) Viewed 6717 times
EU_engine on test rig.JPG
EU_engine on test rig.JPG (624.78 KiB) Viewed 6717 times
EU_engine on test rig (3).JPG
EU_engine on test rig (3).JPG (708.86 KiB) Viewed 6717 times
TomLouwrier

Re: YouTube - GC1438 channel

Post by TomLouwrier »

hi Guy,

Nice rig, simple and effective.
I just love that classic 'switches in a wooden box' solution. We did that 30 years ago, we still do it now... :-)

regards
Tom
GC_29
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

thanks Tom!

... bits of wood, yes, well I'm English aren't I?!

Nothing is wasted at GCRE. Cabling rescued from someone's skip, an old header was cut up to make the coolant bends..

G
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

recent additions - how - and - how not* - to run up the VX blower after rebuild..

*contains strong language

GC
tmvolumex

Post by tmvolumex »

Is that a gear reduction starter and a 123 distributor on this new build? Any comments?
Tom
GC_31
WhizzMan

Post by WhizzMan »

tmvolumex wrote:Is that a gear reduction starter and a 123 distributor on this new build? Any comments?
Tom
I see a remote coil pack, so I don't think it's a 123? It is some electronic setup for certain. I'd guess it's H&H, knowing that Guy recommended them just last week.
Book #348
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

It's a Mark Allinson Computronix wasted spark ignition system - recalibrated by H&H with a centrifugal curve (it has bob weights and springs) to suit the 8V TC

G