8V TC combustion chamber volume

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
nabihelosta

8V TC combustion chamber volume

Post by nabihelosta »

Hello Guy, hello motorheads out there!

I would like to have some information please, and hope Guy will open a new topic by its own stating this complete information on the website.
Any idea about the 8V TC Fiat heads volume, buretted? I am mainly interested about the Fiat Volumex, and 130TC head volumes, but listing different heads in a thread by its own wouldn't do any harm no?

Thank you fellows! Good day!

Nabih
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: 8V TC combustion chamber volume

Post by Guy Croft »

Sorry Nabil I see little point in rolling-out lists of cc volume figures.

There are so many ops that affect that thing - refacing/valve & seat work, deshrouding and unmodified (new?) OE heads are quite rare. And anyway you can take the very earliest, eg: 1608 type with quite small cc volume and modify it - eg: open it out to the biggest like the 130TC and Vx.

If you don't have a burette you need to buy one.

G
nabihelosta

Re: 8V TC combustion chamber volume

Post by nabihelosta »

Thank you Guy. The information seems very useful.
As my main concern is the difference in volume between my head (the Vx one), and the 130TC head. I can understand that they are the biggest heads available so I am relaxed now :) I have a burette, and I calculated the static CR through the calculator file you gave me, I will probably have 10.6 to 10.8:1 of static CR, sweet spot for a hot road engine!! Thank you!
Nabih