Fiat/ Lancia 8V cams 10.03 lift - profiles.

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
Abarthnorway - Remi L

Fiat/ Lancia 8V cams 10.03 lift - profiles.

Post by Abarthnorway - Remi L »

Hi!

I am looking for a set of new original Abarth camshafts for my 130TC engine with no luck.
Problem is that the very narrow nose profile seems to wear down with time, losing some lift.
I have to use standard profile camshafts to stay in my class.

This cams have a short duration of approx 240 deg @0.4 mm and a camlift of 10.03 when new.

I have understood that some later 2 liter models (Lancia Thema/Dedra/Fiat Croma) also have cam profiles with a lift of 10.03.
Does anyone know if the cam profile used in the later models are similar to the 130 TC cams?
Even cam timing data for the above engines might give me an indication?

Thank You!

130 TC cam at left - see nose profile difference to 124 1800 on right side

Best regards

Remi Lovhoiden
robert kenney

Re: Fiat/ Lancia 8V cams 10.03 lift - profiles.

Post by robert kenney »

Just a question based on interest of "OEM" lobe profiles as pertains to your club rules.

How exactly do they determine what is an OEM lobe profile? What mile stone would they measure.. In our local racing they chose the spec and limit at a given location like @ .050 lift ETC. So long as the item (cam measures to this you can run the gamet. The game in local circles is to extort the rules in your favor not to over.

Sorry for the ignorance of your club rules but is there is power left on the table based on the rule book you might as well use it.
samo

Post by samo »

Abarthnorway - Remi L wrote:Hi!
I have understood that some later 2 liter models (Lancia Thema/Dedra/Fiat Croma) also have cam profiles with a lift of 10.03.
Even cam timing data for the above engines might give me an indication?
Remi Lovhoiden

Hello Remi,

I have found this cams you are looking fore to be in the Fiat Croma & Thema, Lancia Dedra, Prisma all of them 2.0 i.e. and you can also find them in the Lancia Delta 1.6 GTie. The OE Fiat quoted lift is 10,033mm and the duration is intake 7°- 52° and exhaust 53°- 6° @0,8mm clearance. In the 1.6 GT i.e. they are timed differently at 11°-48°/51°-8° but it is again the same 239° duration you are looking for.

I myself have been trying to source a pair of 130 TC Abarth cams and I have been uncussescfull so I am trying to now get a pair of the 2.0 i.e. cams. So far I had no succsess at trying to determin if they are any different.
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

I would not waste ANY time trying to find that exact cam set.

Just fit 2 liter ones from 131/132, OE cam lift 9.9mm and usually in used state nearer 9.6-9.7mm.

The difference in performance will be almost unmeasurable.

GC
samo

Post by samo »

Can anyone confirm if the 10,03mm cams from Lancia 2.0 i.e. engines are in fact the same as the Ritmo Abarth 130 TC?
Abarthnorway - Remi L

Post by Abarthnorway - Remi L »

Hi All!

robert kenney wrote:Just a question based on interest of "OEM" lobe profiles as pertains to your club rules.

How exactly do they determine what is an OEM lobe profile? What mile stone would they measure.. In our local racing they chose the spec and limit at a given location like @ .050 lift ETC. So long as the item (cam measures to this you can run the gamet. The game in local circles is to extort the rules in your favor not to over.

Sorry for the ignorance of your club rules but is there is power left on the table based on the rule book you might as well use it.

The rulebook says that the only camprofile allowed (without performance penalty) is the one originally fitted to the engine. I very much doubt that the technical board will go to the lenghts of actually measure the cams if it is an original Fiat/Lancia item even if they posess the right to do so.... but thats not the issue anyway! If I wanted to bend the rules I would go for as new 124 Sport items I have on the shelf, but I would like to operate within the confined borders of the rulebook.

Guy Croft wrote:I would not waste ANY time trying to find that exact cam set.

Just fit 2 liter ones from 131/132, OE cam lift 9.9mm and usually in used state nearer 9.6-9.7mm.

The difference in performance will be almost unmeasurable.

GC

Guy: Thanks, I have noted Your remark.

Best regards

Remi Lovhoiden
Honza
Location: Lomnice nad Popelkou (60 north from Prague), Czech Republic

Post by Honza »

according to my data: (found in the OE users manuals)

tipo 2l 8V (dedra etc..) ~80-85kW

Intake: 7-52
Exhaust: 53-6
(239°)

unknown lift (I can measure it)

tipo 1.8l 8V (dedra etc..) ~66-80kW
(same data for Strada/Ritmo 105TC)
Intake: 5-53
Exhaust: 53-5
(238°)

Lift ~ 9,6mm

Strada/Ritmo 125 TC and 130TC

Intake: 7-52 (130), 11-48 (125)
exhaust: 51-8 (same for both 125 and 130TC)

duration aslo 239°

all durations stated with 0,8mm clearance.