Venting of Beta Coupe under-hood area

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
Earnie

Venting of Beta Coupe under-hood area

Post by Earnie »

Hi Guy,
After reading the posts regarding under-hood air flow and venting I came to the conclusion I need to improve the under-hood cooling air on the Beta, especially around the intake area. My question is: Where should one vent after all the required improvements like shielding and cool air induction was done? Kind regards,
Earnie
RayO

Re: Venting of Beta Coupe under-hood area

Post by RayO »

Hi Earnie,
I haven't been up with the discussion on under bonnet ventilation but I thought I might make some comment on your querey. I also have a Beta that I am fairly keen to extract a little bit more performance as easily as possible. I have exchanged the downdraught Webber for a couple of 42 mm side draught Delortos with appropriate length ram tubes. This makes for quite a long and straight induction path that would normally interfere with the standard Beta radiator. I ditched my original and had a low profile one tailor made. Now the ram tubes look directly into the air flow over the top of the low radiator. Each tube is fitted with an low restriction open cell foam filter boot. Obviously there are better filters around but it seems to do the job. Put it this way. My fairly infrequent engine failures have never been due to excessive bore wear, due to poor air filtration.
RayO
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Venting of Beta Coupe under-hood area

Post by Guy Croft »

Ernst, hi

at the risk of being 'overbearing' I have devoted a considerable amount of effort in my new book to the issue.

Why not buy and have a good read?

If you have the book and have read as far as Page 349 is this not true?

G