Canton Mecca

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
Rich Ellingham

Canton Mecca

Post by Rich Ellingham »

Guy would you still recommend these products as you once did in your book, I see no UK importer?

Regards

Rich
book 38
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Hello Rich

Canton - for the Accusump only - is represented by my good friends Think Automotive in Isleworth. But Canton Mecca (filters mainly) is not represented because there seems to be no demand for that stuff, tried and could not get it moving. Seling - albeit - good USA oil system accessories - against Think's tried and tested range, well, I'd be wasting my time.

I - it might fairly be said - introduced Accusump and what it does to the UK market many years ago via a very long marketing campaign - and 'Turbo Oiler too'.

But these days I stock and sell Moroso, mainly the 1.5 qt, which Canton don't do. And I prefer the solenoid on the Moroso. They do 1, 2 and 3 qt. I understood from James Beauton (now sadly deceased, such a nice young man) the then sales manager at Canton Racing Products in USA, that in fact Moroso invented the oil pressure accumulator, so it makes me feel a bit better! When I started my firm Guy Croft Racing Engines 4 years ago the first thing I did was ring Canton, but I'd missed the boat!

How effective is the 1.5 qt Moroso accumulator? Well, I sold two - I think -to prestige German racing team Raeder Motorsport, after a call from Johannes Crump (GCRE member) who is involved with them, this was for their Nurburgring 'taxi' car - I think in part - a promotional vehicle. The Evo engine had a lot of bearing trouble before they fitted the 1.5 qt. In a 400+bhp Mitsubishi Evo? too small? No, not at all and it hasn't, to my knowledge 'let go' since. I asked Johannes some while back if I might cite this little 'case history', and he conferred with Raeder, who agreed, which was very kind of them.

GC
Attachments
Moroso oil pressure accumulator, with solenoid valve it will pre-lube the engine and maintain pressure in high 'G' turns.
Moroso oil pressure accumulator, with solenoid valve it will pre-lube the engine and maintain pressure in high 'G' turns.
Moroso 1.5qt & clamps.JPG (22.98 KiB) Viewed 5823 times
Moroso solenoid.JPG
Moroso solenoid.JPG (17.79 KiB) Viewed 5822 times