Cam selection & carb jetting

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
Betargovia

Re: Cam selection & carb jetting

Post by Betargovia »

Understand,

Please give me your honest advise on the Cam combination for the 2l Road engine built with 45 carbs VX Head and CR10:1
How different will the engine response be with these combinations of which I want to purchase on set from GC within the next few weeks;
2B GC Cames
3A and 2B GC Cams
3A/3A GC Cams

Intend is a stable and durable engine with low RPM torque and good response but City driveable and not nervous.

Many thanks,
André
GC #154
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

I think it will detonate at 10/1 - even with standard cams the CR is too high..
Guy Croft, owner
Betargovia

Post by Betargovia »

Thanks for your answer,

Had been running the Engine without detonation on VX cams in this configuration before. Blew Cylinder head gasket because the Carbs had not been rejetted as I intended to put other cams which is happening now.
Am still following the concept outlined in your book under competition cam selection case "F" for a 2.0l Engine as well with CR 10:1.

Want to install your Standard IIB cams with standard valve springs. Do you have inlet and outlet IIB cams on stock?

Assuming the price is still with 560£ the pair. Please let me know the price incl. shipping to Germany as well as a Billing and your Acount number to wire the money coming week.
akreul@gmx.net

Many thanks
Andre
GC #154
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

hi Andre

yes, £560 pair but need to add 20% vat. UPS will be £65 + vat

bank details I will send by email if you confirm your order here

many thanks,

G
Guy Croft, owner
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Pleased to report that Andre rang me today and confirmed an order for a pair of GC IIB cams.

As ever it was a pleasure to get a phone call from an accredited forum member and we covered quite a few important issues about his engine in a short time over the phone.

I misinterpreted the question at first thinking the engine was VX supercharged, it is not. Disregard my comment about detonation please!

GC
Guy Croft, owner
cormac

Post by cormac »

Good job Andre and GC...hope it is a beginning of a continuing relationship for you both

best,
Cormac
GC_85