THIS FORUM IS FOR SALE

Free advertising TO PAID members of anything car-related, from cars to parts. Please read the rules first!
Guy Croft
Site Admin

THIS FORUM IS FOR SALE

Post by Guy Croft » June 20th, 2019, 7:20 pm

If you would like to buy it please email at

guy@gcre.uk

It is fully supported by QA Webhosting and the transition will be straightforward.

It gets millions of hits and is one of the most widely read race engine forums on the planet.

If not sold it will close for all time end July 2019

Very sincerely,

G
Guy Croft, owner

cormac

Re: THIS FORUM IS FOR SALE

Post by cormac » June 21st, 2019, 5:24 pm

Guy,

am totally gutted by the news on your original post yesterday

best,

Dave
GC_85

4v6

Post by 4v6 » June 22nd, 2019, 8:32 am

This isn't good news, I like most others have had nothing but a good experience of being a member here, the info provided by Guy has been priceless to say the least, irreplaceable Id add, so to see this happening makes me sad and that's an understatement.
Its be a tragedy if this site went the way of many others and I hope it can be saved.

Best wishes, Tony.
Tony Warren. GC #96.

Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft » June 22nd, 2019, 3:17 pm

Thanks both - no reason why a consortium could not be formed..

Phil Day owner of QA Webhosting is fully committed to helping in every way,

GC
Guy Croft, owner

Wal

Post by Wal » July 7th, 2019, 8:08 pm

Dear all,
My name is Steven and anyone who looks at the web site can find my posting name as Wal.

I run a rat rodded Morris Minor that had a normally aspirated Guy Croft Twin Cam for which I have, almost, completed the install of for a Guy Croft Volumex Twin Cam.

I am truly sorry to hear the news about Guy and have personal proof his engines are simply awesome, I’m proud I have them in my car(s).

There are some beautifully engineered cars on this site backed by people who have skills I can only envy. I am not engineer trained, and basically have learnt everything from either my father or by trial and error, which is why my car is never the prettiest. However, what I do know is my Morris Minor has the most awesome engine and there is nothing of the same level that can live with it. This is why I am grateful to Guy, not only for the build of my engines but the time he and the contributors to this web site have spent explaining every question I have. I love looking at the truly incredible cars and knowledge that you all have, please let’s not lose that.

So, with regard to the crux of the issue I would love to maintain this website for the knowledge it has and the knowledge it can offer in the future as a tribute to Guy. Which leaves a question:
1) Who else is prepared to actually put up real money to keep the best engine web site alive – I am?
2) Are you happy that I try and run the web site in the manner in which it was formed though I cannot offer anything like the level of technical knowledge Guy has and am entirely dependent on the goodwill of the best engine and car builders I have seen?

Please contact me by private message if you are serious and will commit real money or just want to lose in a race against a Morris Minor.

Regards,
Wal

Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft » July 7th, 2019, 8:15 pm

good with me dear friend

I should only like to change the logo to 'founded by Guy Croft'

very sincerely,

G
Guy Croft, owner

Wal